Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Eleven Years

I was sixteen and awkward.  He was eighteen and so quiet.  He wasn't the type of guy I usually noticed -- so shy and reserved -- but by God's grace he noticed me.

A date on the lake.  Late night phone calls.  A first kiss under a starry fall sky.  The weak knees and fluttery heart of a teenager girl head over heels in love for the first time.

...

Eleven years later he makes my knees weaker than ever.  My chest still tightens when I think about him.  I still wait at the door for him every night and hope it is him every time the phone rings.

Those eleven years haven't all been goose bumps and flirtatious glances.  There have been some pretty rough paths along the way.  But we take all paths together.  Always.

...

Tomorrow is the 11th anniversary of our first date.  God has recently done some things in our marriage that I never would have even dreamed possible.  He has taken our relationship -- with Him AND with each other -- to a level that we didn't know existed.  So much peace, healing,  communication, trust, joy....and I thought we were pretty darn awesome before ;)

God has taken the man of my dreams and grown him into the man I never new could possibly exist this side of Heaven.  I'm living in a constant state of praise, and it is good.

...

This weekend I heard a new song that made me break down like a baby.  I saw just how rich I am to have a man who leads me, with strong hands.  Stands up when I can't.   And who makes me feel everything but alone.

I love you, baby!  SILY ;)
Amy



1 comment:

  1. Awwww, how romantic! :) Congrats on 11 years. It's great to have mushy, lovey couples for our kiddos to look up to.
    We have a common 'follower' on our blogs, so I came by to say hello.
    Melyssa from thedazeofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete