Friday, November 11, 2011

Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast

I have been tweaking my french toast recipe for awhile (well, since I got married, really), and tonight's version was the best it is has ever been!

First, let me say that french toast is one of those foods that should TASTE GOOD ... not be good for you.  This is my opinion, but it is a strong one! :)  French toast is a comfort food for me, so while I still try to use the best ingredients that I can for my family, I don't get all foodie about it.  It has processed sugar in it folks, and that is fine by me! :)

Here is tonight's recipe (I don't measure anything, so just assume that I put a LOT of each ingredient in unless listed otherwise!):

Ingredients:
6 eggs (this is to feed 6 of us)
heavy cream off of the top of our raw milk
ground cinnamon
vanilla
brown sugar
butter (Troyer roll butter is to die for and all I use anymore!)
sugar
bread (we used Ezekiel bread tonight, but it is even better with a homemade whole wheat cut into thick slices!)

Whip together eggs, cream, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar.  Melt butter in skillet.  Dip bread slices in whipped egg mixture until thoroughly coated on each side.  Cook in butter until brown on both sides.

Now, here comes the fun part!  I melted some of that heavenly Troyer butter and mixed it with sugar and ground cinnamon, and then drizzled that over the toast.  OH MAN!  Sooooo good!  I think this would have to classify as a dessert more than a breakfast food.  Doesn't matter ... we defied all classifications and ate it for dinner tonight! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Amen!! I only have two, so my exponents are a bit smaller. But it does only take five seconds (I have learned) for Colton to scale the countertops and make it to the hot stove, Luke to run out the back door and disappear and countless other 'five second' wonders. They are masterminds! But yes, worth every second:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... I think I need to learn how to post to the right blog entry..:)

    ReplyDelete