Monday, November 21, 2011

The Old Black Sheet

The best traditions seem to be the ones you never really intended to start.  At least that's the trend in our little clan...

Take, for example, the tradition of the Old Black Sheet photos.  What started innocently enough as Mama just snapping a few cute B&W photos of her first little baby, has morphed into a tradition that earns a place in Mama's day planner the very day a new baby is born.

There is this old black sheet.  We used it on our bed when we first got married and slept on a Queen sized bed.  When we graduated to a King sized mattress, that little sheet had no functional purposes.  One day Abby was being exceptionally cute after her bath, so I pulled out that black sheet and used it as the backdrop for some nekkid black and white baby photos.  Abby was two months old when I did this.  I had a black photo collage frame that held 8-4x6's, so I put the photos into that and hung it on our wall. Now, at two months old, every new member of our clan goes through this rite of passage and there is a designated wall just for these photos.  I just love this tradition!!

Hundreds and hundreds of photos have been snapped, but I'd like to share one favorite from each of the kids:

My Adorable Abby:

My Cowboy Corbin:

My Darling Daniel:

My Silly Samuel:

And introducing the wall's newest addition....
My Joyful Josiah:

Who knew so much love, joy, and laughter could be wrapped up in one little, faded, old black sheet!





3 comments:

  1. How cute can they get!!! Ok as they go down the line, they look more and more like Phil! Josiah has obviously changed since I have seen him! You better be careful, your next boy might come out 6'4 and 200lbs:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea Amy! They are all so beautiful. They look the same and then they all have their own look too. It looks like you are all doing great! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete