Saturday, November 12, 2011

Driveway Camping, Part 2

Phil and the kids are all sound asleep now, but I just can't get myself to go to bed! It feels weird having all of my "chicks" not in their usual nesting spots. 


Phil, Abby, and Corbin are in the trailer. 


Daniel was lonely without Abby and Corbin, so I put him in my bed. 


Samuel was lonely without Daniel, so he came out and fell asleep in the recliner in the living room. 


Josiah is in his crib (he usually sleeps by my side) because Daniel is a restless sleeper and I am worried he will roll over on him. 


Everybody is sleeping peacefully where they are, but I just feel ... I don't know ... WEIRD!  Nobody is where they should be.  I am accustomed to walking through the house before I go to bed, double checking that every child is asleep where they should be and the doors are locked to keep them in and anything else out. Now, however, two of my chicks ARE out! Locking the doors almost felt wrong! I normally am a great sleeper ... the only thing that can wake me up is the sound of a kid. But now, I can't even get myself to go to bed, much less sleep!!

I am sure this all sounds silly ... but it is nearly 1:30am and I really should have been asleep 4 hours ago! Forgive the rambling! 


I don't know how mommies who have grown children ever get any sleep!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment